Monday, July 14, 2008

Say aaaaaaahhhhh....

Another first! Sam got his teeth cleaned! No sedation, no tears (okay a couple), no freaking out! I give all kudos to Wright Smiles Pediatric Dentistry in Springboro for their patience and accomodations. Sam sat on the dentist's stool but the hygenist worked around him and his fears. They did a terrific job and his teeth have never looked better! The dentist even said she didn't see any signs of cavities.
I was just over the moon that he was able to do this. I thought we'd always be sedating him for cleanings. Guess I should learn to stop underestimating him!

1 comment:

Nancy, Autism Consultant said...

Forgot to mention how sore MY jaw was the next day from holding my mouth open, in an attempt to have him keep his mouth open! It was worse than when I go to the dentist! LOL
Nancy