We will be leasing an HBOT unit Aug. 5 for a month. That means no more 3 hour round-trip drives to Columbus for HBOT! YAY! Also, more dives in a row with more potential for improvement.
With just the 3 dives we have under our belt, I feel Sam's more "with us", more connected. He jabbers all the time and is trying to repeat new words. His GI issues are getting better, as well. Don't know if it's the HBOT, but when that's all we've introduced, it's hard not to think so.
We got a new trampoline for Rachel for her sweet 16th birthday and put that up last night. He waited until this morning to give it a try and LOVED IT! Of course it has the mesh safety enclosure and padding. I think it's a lot of fun, too!
Sam went to the back-to-school pool party last Friday and had a lot of fun. Just 2 years ago, he wouldn't get in the water past his ankles, and if someone splashed him, he'd cry. This year he was passing the football with his friends (more like having his friends fetch the ball), laughing, all over the pool, interacting. It was great to watch. The only problem came when I went to get him a hotdog and the sun set. It got dark quickly and he sort of freaked out. By the time I got back to him, he was crying and the lifeguard was trying to talk him out. I felt badly but he got over it quickly. He really hates the dark. Luckily, it was loud and nobody could really hear him.
School started yesterday and so far, so good. But as his teacher says, we're in the honeymoon phase. We'll see how he's doing a month into it. His regular (new) teacher is at a TEACCH conference this week so his old teacher is filling in. Can't wait to see how the new teacher organizes the classroom, supports, and the schedule. She said she's very structured and that will be good for Sam.
Well, off to the salt mines. Got some DAS events to prep for. Ugh.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well. I'm glad and hope it keeps getting better.
Hope to see you saturday at the game. As long as we don't get our usual rain out. We are still going to try and get a night game together under the lights I hope it will be bright enough for Sam and he will do it.
Post a Comment