Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camp Silver Lake!

Well, both boys survived their first week at Camp Silver Lake! Sam was a first-time camper and Seth was a first-time volunteer. Sam loved the lake even though it was very cold! One of his therapists, Danielle, went to camp with Sam. She helped him through the rough patches. She said it was a lot of fun.
Seth enjoyed his time at camp so much, he can't wait to go back! He was well-liked by the kids and was awarded a $25 gas card by the camp director for his enthusiasm and kindness to the boys. In fact, he found Peter's bandana in his pocket today (Peter was one of his charges) and he put it on and tied it, and wore it around the house. I think he misses Peter.
I was certainly nervous all week with Seth driving the two of them to New Carlisle (45 minutes) and back, and what made it worse was Seth's inability to call me when he got there! Then he would turn his phone off, per camp rules, and I would be left wondering all day if they made it safely! Finally on Friday I was going on the "no news is good news" premise just to get through the day.
Rachel went with me for the family s'mores and songs on the last day of camp and she said she'd like to volunteer next year. So I may have all 3 kids attending Silver Lake next year! Woo-hoo!

No comments: