Well, HBOT has been interesting. The first dive last week was difficult at first. He stepped into the "spaceship" with me, but then wasn't sure he wanted to be zipped in (neither was I!). I had to hold him screaming as she zipped us in and started the oxygen flow. Sam was extremely nervous and aggitated but settled down once the hissing quieted down and his movie started. The first dive was only 30 minutes long.
On the next dive, which was the next day, he climbed in okay and sat down but this unit had a very loud hiss and he was up in the front porthole telling Amy that it was too loud! He was climbing all over me to make contact with her. Once our ears pop, it's relatively boring. Sam watches his movie and eats skittles and I just lounge there with him laying on me. The last unit was also very warm inside and Amy said in the summer they get like that. I was getting very claustrophobic toward the end when I had nothing to drink, no air, and I was sweating. My ears hurt more than Sam's, I believe, and Angela said I could take Coricidin D for that. That dive and subsequent dives are 1 hour.
We don't have any dives scheduled this week because of camp but will be going again on Tuesday the 24th of June. I wish a unit was available for lease but was told there was nothing available until November! I might just lease a unit directly from the company, I don't know. The 1 1/2 hour drive one way is very difficult.
Haven't seen anything remarkable from Sam except maybe a slight increase in language. Instead of "sec-und" when he wants you to wait, he said "Wait a second." very clearly. And instead of "ho-home" he has been saying "home", with prompting. Could be speech therapy, could be HBOT. Two dives is really nothing to expect change from. Maybe the first 40.
I'll keep ya posted!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment